Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Ice!!!!

Okay, so I'm still trying to catch up on my Project 365 entries. However, i find it completely necessary to post some pictures of today (and last nights) goings on. This is probably the worst weather I have seen up here since we moved back in February 2005. It's like pure ice and it's starting to sleet again. I've been trying to work from home, but with the power going on and off at work, I keep getting kicked off the system. It's quite frustrating. Here are a few pictures of our house.

That was last night. Poor Abbie is still using her ramp (due to a back problem common in dachshunds) and with it freezing over, it's more like un-figure skating all the way down.

After coming home early, Kate & I were safe and sound. It took John over an hour to get home (usually it's a 15 minute or so commute). But we were all safe and sound. However, we had this great idea that we would enjoy Taco Bell since signs were that we would be staying in tomorrow night for dinner (with the weather getting worse). So I attempted to leave. I ended up sideways in the driveway. It was not fun or pretty. Then we made it into the grass, but since I had Belle with me, I knew that I could not let her out there (since she tends to be a runner). So, after about FIVE (literally) minutes of spinning on our driving - which is NOT a huge hill at all - we finally made it in the garage although I was sure that we would either end up crashing into the house or John's car in the garage. So, long story short - we won't be going anywhere soon.
After all that, as Kate & I were playing, my glasses broke. Not usually a big deal, but they are my only ones. And I work on the computer all day at work, so I have all that fancy stuff on them so my eyes won't hurt as much. So unless I can find a tiny gold screw soon, I'll be getting a new pair. It's sad because I've had those same glasses since 2001 (I know, about time to get new ones, right?)

So, on to TODAY! It's SOOO bad. Well, it's gotten worse, but here are some pictures from around 10am today.



These are pictures of the front yard:


Kate was wondering what I was doing out there while she was still inside (yes, in her pajamas - I'm thinking it's about time to dress her now that I can't connect to work. :)

Next, she tried to lock me out!

It's sleeting again now and we are supposed to get between 2-4 more inches of snow/ice mix. Show, I'm not sure whether tomorrow will be better or not. I'm trying to round up charges for the portable DVD play and flashlights, the computers and cell phones. Hopefully we will be okay and the power won't be out for long if it has to go out. John just got home since they have been without power. Apparently everything south of Lowell (on 71) is out, but the fast food joints and Marvin's (grocery store) is still open. Doubtful that we will actually venture out.

No comments: