Friday, April 24, 2009

It's about time

It's about time I wrote another blog, huh? I've been so busy at work, and catching up on quite a few other blogs that I read on a regular basis. Along with Facebook. When did technology become such a busy place! ;) Don't get me wrong. I like it. I like being busy, particularly at work. But with a toddler, you run out of "me" time especially when you are busy at work where you stay late, work extra hours at night and on the weekend. Although, do I dare say it is somewhat rewarding. To design and see something come to life that you have created yourself. And since I never have time to scrapbook anymore, it has come to being creative in my work. Or something like that.

So, how desperate am I for some fun and "me" time. Well, typically on Fridays, I get off early in order to pick my beautiful little girl up from "school". But, since she started showing a beautiful head to toe rash, that isn't fully diagnosed yet on Monday, it's been quite a week for her. We waited until Wednesday to take her to the doctor - that's when it was so bad her face, feet and hands were all swollen and red. So after a visit to the allergist, since it looks simliar to her peanut reaction from January (but no whelps, but I was still concerned). Not to mention, apparently we go to a very popular children's clinic where you can't get an appointment for the same day after 8:30 (they open at 8am). Anyhow, the allergist said she was very doubtful that this had anything to do with an allergy. So, luckily we talked to the pediatrician's nurse and got in that afternoon to see the doctor. After a strep test (despite the fact that she only a small fever (99) and no other sickness symptoms (except the rash) which turned out to be negative, we left with only the direction of giving more Benedryl (her highest dose) 4 times a day and see if that helps (he thought it would be better for her than giving her steriods again - she had them with her peanut reaction in December).

So, we are supposed to hear today about the results of the strep culture - where they send off the test (even though the office results were negative). So it still could be a strep rash - and I'm not 100% sure what that means. I mentioned I've been busy right.

So back to what I was saying originally, I was so desperate after approximately 100+ hours in the office this past week, for a little fun & "me" time. After I got off work, picked up Kaet from her Bebe's house, we went for a little fun at Walmart (yes, we live in Walmart country, so that is where we shop). That was actually fun - I'm so used to her not wanting to be patient, but she was. We even picked out one of those starter kits flowers - that come in a little box where you grow them from the seeds up. She wasn't quite as into it after she watered them. So I got the pleasure of getting my hands dirty. But I think she will really like them when they start to bloom.

On the way to the store, we passed a roadside nursery with lots of beautiful flowers. So despite having just been to the grocery store, we stopped. and here we are at home. With three beautiful new plants - she picked her own, OF COURSE!, and ended up with something I'm not sure I've ever heard of - yellow Sundaze. They are really cute though. I, myself got, bright orange and hot pink gerber daisies. Although, now that we are home, we probably should have picked up a few new pots while we are at the store. There is always tomorrow, right?

So what are we doing now, we as it turns out, my daughter loves the outdoors, and she begged and pleaded, so I gave it. I'm sitting outside in my shorts (it is SOOOO hot!) on my laptop - trying to read the screen past the sunglare as well (so forgive any misspellings!). While mini-me is enjoying herself by putting all three of our new plants in her baby swing and pushing them. How cute is that. She's even talking to them "wanna swing higha, just a itle bit?". She's growing up so fast. I love it some days, and other days I Just want to put a brick on her head.

For the two, okay, maybe just one, that actually reads our blog, I hope to post more son - I have some great new pictures, but they aren't uploaded to my computer yet (or I would post now!). and I hope you continue to keep on reading as well!!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Kate is just too cute! I love her little sayings :) I hope that her rash gets better soon!